THE NATIONAL AGENCY AGAINST TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS
The National Agency against Trafficking in Persons (NAATP), as component part of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (MIA), is a specialized structure responsible for co-coordinating, evaluating and monitoring at national level the implementation of anti-trafficking and victims’ protection and assistance policies by public institutions.
TTHE CORE FUNCTIONS OF NAATP ARE
1. To draft the National Strategy against trafficking in persons;
2. To draw up the national standards in the field;
3. To establish the indicators and evaluation criteria of the trafficking in persons phenomenon;
4. To collect, store, process and analyse statistical data and information in its area of responsibility;
5. To carry out surveys and research on the diagnosis and evolution of the phenomenon;
6.To submit proposals, through MIA, for the amendment and completion of the legislation in the field;
7. To develop programmes and projects in the field of prevention of trafficking in persons and assistance provided to the victims of trafficking and to provide other institutions with needed support in running programmes, on request;
8. To develop national interest programs on preventing trafficking in persons and assistance provided to the victims of trafficking with the view of their social reintegration.
Telephone: +40 21 311 89 82
eLiberare is a Romanian organization focused on the prevention of human trafficking & sexual exploitation in Romania. We empower people to prevent human trafficking in their own communities.
1. Awareness education.
2. Prevention training.
3. Restoration assistance.
4. Lobbying events. conditions.
1. Bani pe bune
Bani pe Bune campaign is a recruitment site for fake jobs with the purpose of informing people of the dangers of jobs that look “too good to be true”.
2. Școala Altfel
Scoala Altfel means ”a different kind of school” and it is a national program that promotes informal education. During the program, eLiberare had the goal to reach as many schools as possible in Romania in order to reach the youth and educate them about human trafficking.
3. Project OI
Teach women how to knit and crochet for their loved ones, while discussing lifestyle topics. The project has the potential to materialize in a consistent form of income, with the purpose of addressing the vulnerabilities that initially exposed the women to violence and exploitation.
Telephone: +40 314 252 374